Albireo Pharma Overview:
Albireo is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and potential commercialization of novel bile acid modulators to treat orphan pediatric liver diseases and other liver or gastrointestinal diseases and disorders. Albireo has deep expertise in bile acid biology and a pipeline of clinical and nonclinical programs.
The company’s first commercial launch will be Odevixibat, which is a potent and selective inhibitor of the ileal bile acid transporter (IBAT), sometimes referred to as the apical sodium dependent bile acid transporter (ASBT), that has minimal systemic exposure at therapeutic doses and acts locally in the gut.
Albireo is developing Odevixibat initially to treat patients with PFIC, a rare genetic liver disease, and plans to consider additional development in other pediatric cholestatic liver diseases and disorders in the future. Our Phase 3 program in PFIC includes a single randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multicenter clinical trial and an open-label long-term extension study. The double-blind trial, called PEDFIC1, is underway with data read out anticipated in mid- 2020.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted to the Odevixibat PFIC program or elements of its fast track, rare pediatric disease and orphan drug designations. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has granted Odevixibat orphan designation, as well as access to the Priority Medicine’s (PRIME) scheme for the treatment of PFIC. Its Pediatric Committee has agreed to Albireo’s Odevixibat Pediatric Investigation Plan for PFIC. Both FDA and EMA also have granted orphan drug designation to Odevixibat for the treatment of Alagille syndrome and primary biliary cholangitis. Albireo will commercialize Odevixibat in the US, Europe & Canada and is pursuing potential partners in remaining regions.
The National Accounts Manager position reports to the Senior Director, National Accounts and is responsible for developing and leveraging relationships with National 3rd Party Payers, to gain and maintain access for Albireo products. This strategically important role for the organization is responsible for the implementation of short- and long-term business plans that will optimize appropriate coverage, payment of and patient access to Albireo products. This individual will assess sales implications of short- and long-term actions with each payer customer and take action to move payer decisions in a direction that continue to open patient access to care. These actions will be a result of building strong relationships with payer Medical and Pharmacy Directors (clinical and administrative), Case Managers, and other Pharmacy and Medical benefit managers. Efforts will include working with national headquarters of managed care organizations and executing pull-through and contracting strategies to local offices of the national organizations, as well as initiatives with other large and local managed care organizations. The National Account Director is expected to work with minimal supervision and strategic independent thought. This individual will work closely with Marketing, Account Management, Finance, Government and Sales Leadership, to ensure consistent exchange of important payer information and messages that should be communicated. This role will provide periodic market updates to Sales Management that link important provider, payer and health care reform trends and issues as well as documents initiatives and their outcomes. The position is remotely based and will cover the Western region of the U.S.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies and tactics to support appropriate, formulary placement, reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across payer customers
- Negotiates cost effective contracts that allow access to all Albireo products for providers and their patients
- Full understanding of outcome goals in Commercial and Medicaid payers assigned
- Creates clear messages for dissemination to sales on important payer trends, reimbursement changes, and billing requirements that will affect product utilization
- Represents the Albireo Managed Markets Team at priority national payer organizations
- Attends/participates in existing state-based managed care organizations
- Maintains accurate account information in required customer database
- Work with the various Albireo Patient Services Hub and case managers to assure accurate coverage determinations are rendered and resolve customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s/advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years field-based pharmaceutical/biotech Sales and/or Marketing experience with at least 3 years of direct managed care experience
- Established relationships with Pharmacy Directors and Medical Directors within key assigned accounts
- Role model of the company vision, mission and values (Patients, Science, Passion)
- Therapeutic experience in the chronic liver disease marketplace preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for formulary processes, coverage, coding, and patient access to drugs
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Experience negotiating contracts and agreements
- Outstanding consultative and networking capabilities
- Delivers and implements Business Account plans for all assigned customers and outlines required financial results
- Becomes an expert on the Albireo target therapeutic areas, products and competitive products
- Develops and sustains highly collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with colleagues
- Develop key external relationships with payers, KOLs and business partners
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Understanding of organizational behavior, corporate culture and be able to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving workplace
- Possesses broad base and in-depth understanding of reimbursement issues, payer segments, use of specialty pharmacies, managed market customers including private and public payers, national and regional health plans, state Medicaid, VA/DOD, PBM’s, Employers, IDNs, Medical Groups and ACOs
- Extensive relationships and contracting experience with payers, health systems and organized customers at the national and regional level
Field-based. Requires up to 25-30% travel
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?q0WEKjQAw2z9jqm7WpmsGAt