A new tab will open
The Building Engineer reports directly to the Director of Operations and is a key member of the Operations team which is under the Principal’s supervision. This role will ensure the safety of the facility and all occupants through effective and efficient day-to-day facility operations, managing maintenance, overseeing custodial staff and managing vendors to provide critical building services. The Building Engineer will also be a through partner in long-range building improvements and provide associated cost estimates prior to the budget season.
- Assist in the development and execution of long-range facilities management plan
- Ensure appropriate expertise and cost-effective services are in place to meet facility needs
- Oversee the repair, maintenance & continuous operation of all building systems including: Fire/Life Safety, Mechanical (HVAC, plumbing), Electrical (lighting control equipment, electrical panel boxes, Light Construction (painting, doors, locks), Digital Systems (fire alarm, security access, boiler panel), Boiler and Burner Maintenance
- Create a reliable vetted vendor list for every trade and building need
- Conduct minor plumbing, electrical or other repair and maintenance work as necessary
- Fully troubleshoot a repair before hiring outside vendor
- Coordinate all demand maintenance, preventative maintenance, and reactive repair maintenance activities
- Oversee the custodian(s) and contractors performing daily services such as nightly cleaning, lunchroom and classroom cleaning after meals
- Respond to emergencies and work collaboratively with the school safety associate to coordinate emergency responses
- Maintain building exterior, including trash and daily washing of front sidewalk
- Respond to school staff requests regarding building operations; prioritize schedules, analyze complaints, create a plan and monitor the work
- Assist in coordinating required governmental inspections including, but not limited to, FDNY, Lead testing, DEP Inspections
- Regularly inspect all areas of the building, report deficiencies and draft recommendations for improvement
- Assist in ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; and maintain current building documentation and certifications
- Main administrative records including on-line log books, work records, maintenance records, contractor visits, keys issued, etc.
- Manage inventory, including but not limited to, custodial supplies, tools, furniture
- On call 24/7 via cell phone and email; be prepared to respond to after-business hours emergency facility issues
- Manage snow removal
- Maintain and manage fire drills in collaboration with the Director of Operations as well as all documentation for and compliance with fire egress plans and fire drills
- Respond to requests in a courteous, timely, and highly efficient manner
- Maintain the fire alarm panel.
- Manage utility service, oil deliveries & yearly maintenance contracts
- Identify and secure porter service in custodian’s absence
- Assist in the maintenance of security systems and protocols
- 8-10 years of Facilities Management exeperience
- Certifications such as: S-12, S-13, P-98, P-99 is highly prefered
- Working knowledge of of electrical (Utility & emergency power) distributions systems. HVAC, cooling tower operations and BMS operations
- Experience working in a charter or private school is a plus!
To Apply: Click Here