· The Mechanical System Engineering Integrator will perform as part of a multi-disciplinary team to establish and execute Systems Engineering and Integration activities in support of the NASA Space Launch System (SLS) program and the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage (ICPS).
· This position requires knowledge of Systems Engineering and Integration processes and tools. Experience performing system integration is highly desired. Knowledge of the existing and evolving launch system requirements and analysis / design integration is desired.
· The position will perform system and subsystem integration in support of ICPS development and recurring operations.
· Supports all systems engineering and integration activities including; requirements development and verification, risk, issue, and opportunity management, and trade study development and management.
· Responsible for applying appropriate scaling of systems engineering activities commensurate with the specific project needs.
· Knowledge of the existing and evolving launch system requirements and human spaceflight requirements is also desired.
· This position requires the ability to perform tasks to meet critical milestones, and the engineer shall be an accomplished presenter for a customer audience, for CDR and DCR level briefings.
· The position requires the ability to develop project schedules, and then execute to them.
· Looking for an Integrator who has experience integrating Mechanical systems and related analysis, and has a broad understanding experience of system integration.
- Performs system and subsystem integration ensuring that subsystems function together as an integrated system.
- Brings together discrete systems utilizing a variety of methods including systems engineering, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, certification, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- May lead cross-functional teams and play a critical role in process and tool development, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Applied Math, Physics
- Requires 6+ years of applicable and relatable experience
- Experience with CAD Software (example NX / Creo), & Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include the integration of charts for presentations
- Design / engineering experience (ability to interpret drawings, perform tolerance analysis, etc)
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to take initial direction and work independently to complete tasks
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- Written and oral communication skills
- Organization skills necessary to maintain focus and achieve consensus within the diverse multi-disciplined teams
- Previous internship/work experience in an Aerospace company
- Basic understanding of systems engineering principles
- Basic understanding of launch vehicle systems
- Experience developing, integrating, and verifying launch vehicle or space vehicle specifications and requirements
- Experience with NASA programs and customer interfaces
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative, teamwork and leadership skills on previous technical projects
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDUiTC9SATHO%2fgw