Job Title: Veterinary Research Scientist
This position requires a broad knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of small and large animals to help develop and support in vivo models to screen therapeutics and devices being developed for various disorders. Experience with surgical, dosing and sampling techniques is required. In addition, the Veterinary Scientist is responsible for assisting in the clinical care of animals on surgical studies including post-operative monitoring and evaluations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform surgical support and provide anesthesia, surgical, and analgesic technical expertise/advice to facilitate protocol development.
* Provide clinical and technical support to internal and external customers, regarding surgical models and services.
* Serve as the Research Lead or Study Director responsible for preclinical studies in various species.
* Assist in the preparation and review of study protocols and reports.
* Provide support for activities of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), including protocol review, program review, and facility inspections.
* Assist in activities to ensure the facility is in compliance with all applicable regulations, guidelines, and standards that relate to animal care and use. (USDA, FDA, and AALAC)
* Train staff on in-vivo procedures
* Make recommendations and assist in establishing and enhancing veterinary and animal care standards
* Will administer controlled substances and be responsible for maintaining appropriate records.
* May develop new or innovative surgical techniques or other procedural improvements appropriate to research studies.
* Perform special projects and assist with administrative efforts as needed.
* Background in lab animal (in vivo) research with a focus on surgical techniques is a must.
* Ability to perform study duties and responsibilities in multiple species with minimal supervision.
* Must be flexible to work various schedules and hours as well as provide comprehensive, after hours, and on-call coverage as needed.
* This position requires good communication skills and attention to detail.
* Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic team/work environment are keys to success.
* Degree in veterinary medicine (BVM, DVM, or VMD) preferred.
* Graduate-level degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in pharmaceutical science, life sciences, or pharmacology considered.
* Minimum 5-7 years relevant industry experience depending on education level.
* Experience working with both small and large animals preferred.
* Working knowledge of imaging modalites (TEE, C-arm) will be a plus
* A comprehensive understanding of the requirements for GLP study execution and documentation is required.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?09KdbbZOjuaVgZLBxC0aBQv