Conducts chemical and physical laboratory testing on finished products, prototype formulas and cosmetic raw materials for such purposes as product and process development, product stability, quantitative and qualitative performance analysis. The Chemist will perform a variety of laboratory tests on materials and finished goods products to determine chemical and physical properties. Initiate development process on new products. Evaluate stability of formulations and packaging. This individual must be a self-starter and team player and must be able to work well with little supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Formulates new products, from development to commercialization, within defined company, industry, and regulatory parameters.
* Develops formula specifications, prepare product registration documents and establishes guidelines and criteria for acceptance and testing of chemical raw materials in finished blends.
* Creates Project Timelines in accordance with Marketing priorities, sets milestones/critical path and ensures on time project completion.
* Perform various internal testing including lifecycle, stability, etc. and coordinate with external labs where needed.
* Operates within companys Quality Management System. Communicates effectively and consistently in writing and verbally with all levels of staff
* Collaborates in cross functional teams to facilitate NPD, sustaining, cost reduction and quality efforts.
* Evaluates & develops new technologies related to Personal Care hand Hygiene/ cosmetic and OTC products.
* Writes necessary documents for manufacturing feasibility. Evaluated technology brought from third parties.
* Conduct patent searches to determine freedom to operate with a new formulation.
* Create and/or review and approves technical documents to support developmental projects (i.e. ingredient statements, manufacturing formula card, cost formulas).
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualification: Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or Organic Chemistry or similar applied science field required.
* 5-7 years technical experience in personal care/ cosmetic product development.
* Experience with stability testing methods.
* Proven problem-solving skills and track record of successful technical accomplishments.
* Strong understanding of cGMP guidelines and related to the Personal Care/Hand Hygiene Cosmetic/OTC industry.
* Good understanding of FDA and other regulatory agency requirements.
* Works highly independently with minimum supervision using good judgement.
* Must display proven experience in company product formulations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Proficient in Office applications
* Strong written, spoken and presentation skills.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Gf%2bd7Jn6%2blvaQDaubId1mAy