Aerotek’s client local to the Kansas City area is searching for a Project Manager to handle multiple responsibilities across its construction sector. This individual will be expected to build and maintain functional project plans for all construction contracts and coordinate in a timely and cost-effective execution with staff counterparts.
- Review Estimates during Pre-sales Phase and verify adequate allocation of resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) prior to bid submission.
- Responsible for overall development and management of project submittal process to ensure timely procurement of materials.
- Responsible for all aspects of change management to include review of all drawing revisions upon issuance, tracking of time and material work, and identification of work outside the contract scope. Once additional work is identified complete the change order pricing exercise and manage the change order process until a executed change order is received.
- Responsible for all aspects of document control including the development and submission of Requests for Information and updating of drawings with official responses. Review official response for additional work outside the contract scope and follow the change management process for additional initiated through the document control process.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met and costs minimized. Build the Project Plan in MS Project, to include the playbook provided by the assigned foreman or the Director of Operations.
- Complete weekly Project Schedule update with input from field personnel.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Coordinate preinstall meetings with General Contractors and any other pertinent trades (this should include any of our subs and vendors).
- Coordinate timely and cost-effective completion of tasks with internal and external contributors.
- Complete projects within budget, ensuring appropriate expected margins.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Attend periodic progress meetings as each project dictates.
- Prepare and present progress and financial updates to Director of Operations at each weekly Operations Meeting.
- Approve Playbooks developed by Foremen.
- Visit job sites regularly to ensure that standards of safety, workmanship, and productivity are maintained and that projects are progressing per schedule.
- Provide effective guidance and counseling to assigned Foremen. This would include effective use of regularly scheduled performance reviews.
- Provide guidance for and maintain oversight of safety and job-specific training for foremen and field technicians.
- Schedule and lead Postmortem reviews of all assigned projects NLT 30 days after completion of the punch list.
- Schedule and lead Root Cause Analyses for significant customer complaints, cost overruns, and schedule slippages.
- Maintain contact with and provide updates to key customer representatives.
- Provide regular operational updates to senior leaders.
- Drive continual improvement and proactively manage operational costs down.
Construction, Project management, Construction management, RFI, RFP, RFQ
Top Skills Details:
Construction Project Management (5 years)
Concrete construction experience preferred
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pPlOwfK%2fiLsi3cf1CKO7AAo