Our client is looking to bring in individuals for joist shop. Responsibilities will include:
– Monitoring machinery to make sure it is working correctly and welding the joists. This would consist of bending metals and watching to make sure a small ARC weld is putting together the steel.
– Working in an assembly line and in a team to get joists out.
– Reading schematics to assemble joists which means they will just be putting the metals in the machines for it to weld and process through the machines.
– Moving items with a lift to put it in place on the machines.
– Cleaning the manufacturing area as needed. This might be the first two weeks as they want to make sure people continue to show up as they will start training them on the machinery and putting them through welding courses.
– Prior welding experience is a plus but not needed.
They want people that eventually want to weld and they will start to train then after the 90 days.
Welding, Clean, Labor, Paint, General, machine operation, construction
Top Skills Details:
-Touch up painting ( standard NO spray paint)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
– This is strictly a laborer position, with the biggest contingency being attendance. No certifications required or experience required. They will eventually go in to a welding position but they will start out as laborers and machine operators.
– They want people that have worked in manufacturing, welding or construction environment. This is a heavy industrial atmosphere where they will be doing a lot of manufacturing.
They will be operating a piece of machinery but will have to finish a safety training first.
This is a very dirty atmosphere. They need to be able to deal with the dirt and also with the metal. There is also a lot of loud noises.
1.) Any welding or mechanical experience/ have they worked in a manufacturing environment or in construction?
2.) how was their reliability and attendance?
We know that a company’s success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual’s success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek’s people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek’s 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Kg361CnmnnpsuY%2bTn1QPywt