Position: IT Generalist – Security Administration
Location: Plano, TX
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
A global IT service provider is looking to hire an experienced IT Generalist – Security Administration to manage and maintain Windows system and server network. In this role, you will be responsible for installing or upgrading Windows-based systems and servers, managing user access to the servers, and maintaining the security and stability of the network.
To ensure success as a Windows Administrator you should have in-depth knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance, advanced coding skills, and the ability to solve complex IT issues. Ultimately, a top-class Windows Administrator ensures the smooth running of the company’s networking and server systems, while maintaining a high level of security.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Configure, run day-to-day, troubleshoot, manage changes for, and take ownership of various systems that ensure security for help on breadth of infrastructure and client remediation.
• Assess the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
• Discuss system and server upgrades with IT managers.
• Install or upgrade Windows systems and servers.
• Provide technical support for staff and back-end system users.
• Troubleshoot system and server errors.
• Review system error logs and user-reported errors.
• Monitor and update the Windows codebase.
• Manage user access.
• Monitor system performance.
• Maintain server architecture security and creating system backups.
• Associate’s/ Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or higher preferrable.
• Proven work experience as a Windows Administrator.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance. (Win32)
• Ability to create scripts in Perl, Python, and similar languages.
• Competency around Active Directory, client management, and how it works at scale to produce a functional business network.
• Experience with databases, patch management, and networks including LAN and WAN.
• Familiarity with modern operating systems and server platforms.
• Knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems, and data backup.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Good analytical and communication skills.
• Good awareness of cloud technologies like AzureAD and Office365. Preferably in an administrative function.Practical use of Microsoft Sysinternals toolset. Can remember perplexing problems only solved by ProcMon, Autoruns, ProcExp, or Sysmon. (preferred)
• Great familiarly with Windows Event Logs for troubleshooting. Native scripting and automation skills that anticipate edge-cases without accidentally deleting System32. PowerShell and Batch preferred, VBscript if willing to transition. You have good ideas about how to get information you need from Windows, like via WMI or CLR.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?sAbWxt0qRkug4%2bqrKLEDWgm