Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The Distribution Center Manager reports directly to the Regional Distribution Center Manager. The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for all daily activities within the Distribution Center. The D.C. Manager shall also be responsible for all department personnel. This position reports directly to the Regional Distribution Center Manager and requires the flexibility to work weekends.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Understand and use as guidance the ADS core values
* Communicating with freight common carriers
* Maintain metro market same day, next day service
* Loading and unloading of all trucks
* Communication with other ADS facilities, sales and corporate personnel
* Organizing daily loading sequence
* Ensuring payload efficiencies
* Customer order management
* Conducting and leading month end cycle-counts as well as fiscal year end counts
* RMA and B/O management
* Releasing and confirming customer orders
* Proper maintenance of files for entire D.C.
* Ensuring company policy compliance
* Facilitating meetings/communication
* Management of yard organization & layout
* Management of product rotation
* Facilitation of Loader Cert. Program & training
* Assistance with CPU’s as required
* Maintain yard vehicle maintenance schedule and files
* Manage and meet annual budgets
* Maintain safety culture, including training, documentation and ensure compliance
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
* Leadership skills
* Communication skills
* Mathematics skills
* Basic computer skills
* Oracle Order functions
* Oracle Inventory functions
* Inventory management
* Freight management
* Complete knowledge of all ADS products
* The employee will be required for a specified time and must be able to work either days or nights.
* Must be able to perform the frequent pulling or rolling of freight weighing up to and/or creating a resistance force of more than 100 lbs, as well as the occasional pulling or rolling of freight weighing up to and/or creating a resistance force of more than 200 lbs with or without mechanical aid
* The employee will be using the same motions throughout the day and must be able to perform repetitive motion to include arms, legs and feet
* Must be able to perform the frequentcarrying of freight weighing up to 75 lbs of varying shapes and sizes a distance of 20 feet but usually no more that 50 feet
* Must be able to perform frequent squatting to handle, position and secure freight
* Must be able to frequently reach for freight at waist level and frequently reach for freight above shoulder height or below waist level
* Must be able to occasionally reach above shoulder level, at waist level, and below waist level for maneuvering and directing the controls to operate a fork-lift.
* Must be able to frequently load and unload full or partial trailer loads of finished goods, raw materials and/or tooling. This could involve either the mechanical release or assisted pushing of product and materials that could weigh in excess of 800 lbs.
* Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle’s (fork-lift)cab as many as 45 times per day or more. Cab floor levels are generally from 36 to 66 inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved with the assistance of various configurations of steps and handholds; also requires frequent bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing
* Must be able to spend at least 30% of the day standing and 30% of the day walking on surfaces such as concrete, asphalt, wood, metal, loose or packed dirt and sometimes slippery, wet and uneven surfaces
* Must be able to perform the frequent pushing or rolling of freight weighing up to and/or creating a resistance force of more than 100 lbs, as well as the occasional pushing or rolling of freight weighing up to and/or creating a resistance force of more than 200 lbs with or without mechanical aid
* Must be able to hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate fifth-wheel release lever, lock and release load securement straps, open and close cargo doors, climb into and out of vehicles, fuel vehicles and check engine and coolant levels