AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
We are seeking an accomplished scientist who will make substantial contributions to the conception, execution and communication of biologic discovery strategies in a highly collaborative environment. A primary responsibility of the candidate will be to develop and execute research strategies resulting in the advancement of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie’s core therapeutics areas. He/She will be responsible for lead antibody expression and screening, bispecific campaign design and execution and optimization of lead molecules. Additionally, they will conceive and execute research resulting in expansion of our core technologies to address emerging challenges and understand the drivers of molecular pharmacology. The successful candidate will contribute individually and collaboratively to the creation of data packages as part of a fast paced, energetic, multidisciplinary team.
- PhD or equivalent in cell biology, oncology, molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or related fields; BS & 10+ years of experience; MS & 8+ years of experience.
- Background in protein expression and purification from mammalian platforms
- Experience with in vitro analytical techniques for protein characterization (e.g., SEC, DLS, DSF)
- Experience with assays of protein interaction (e.g., ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Developed leadership and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with multiple functional and therapeutic areas
- Flexibility to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
- Willingness to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research
- Understanding of molecular modeling and protein structure using computational tools (Schrodinger Maestro, CCG MOE)
- Familiarity with sequence analysis tools (Vector NTI, Geneious, Sequencher) and graphing software (GraphPad Prism)
- Strong molecular biology skills
- Familiarity with automation instrumentation such as Hamilton or Tecan robotics platforms
- Background in oncology cellular assays using cell lines or primary samples
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.