AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Conduct testing of conductor insulation, transformer coils, circuit breakers and related switchgear on a routine basis using testing equipment such as a turns ratio tester, megger, load tester and ultrasonic sensors.
- Must be able to follow proper procedures, both written and verbal.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), whether used for Distributive Control Systems (DCS) or emergency lighting, located throughout the plant. This includes testing, maintenance of back-up batteries, and preventive maintenance on electronic components.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance testing on transformer minizones and back-up generator system.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operation of Soft Starts and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). Must be able to troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on this equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Process Controls/DCS or Infrared Thermography. Must be able to demonstrate competence in any of these specialized fields in the work setting.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance on motor control centers. Understand motor load characteristics and conduct diagnostic testing on motors both in the energized and de-energized state.
- Demonstrate understanding of AbbVie Electrical Standards, NEC, and GMP requirements pertaining to the equipment in the assigned zone. Applies his/her full knowledge of these requirements in the conduct of his/her function.
- Must know basic CMMS(Computerized Maintenance Management System) functions and how to use various queries pertaining to maintenance activities such as ordering parts.
- Must have a high school education or equivalent.
- Five or more years related experience in a commercial or industrial work environment, which may include completion of an accredited electrical apprenticeship program.
- Must be an AbbVie-qualified Level 4 electrician.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.