AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and analytic solutions that drive rapid insights/ knowledge/ wisdom. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art data management and analytic technology platforms that drive cross functional productivity, efficiency, and insights. Creates and drives adoption of enterprise-wide architecture and roadmaps focused on Internet of Things (IoT), Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Artificial Intelligence and other data centric technologies.
- Effectively function as a principle data architect, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
- Demonstrate creative ‘out of the box’ thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Independently responsible for driving data and analytic technology on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of data management disciplines including Data Warehousing, Data Integration, Data Visualization, Internet of Things (IoT), Advanced Analytics, Big Data Platforms/Elastic Scale, Artificial Intelligence and other data centric technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree and typically 8+ years of experience, Master’s Degree and typically 7+ years of experience. Eight years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?3Vt70PYrW2UbrfY2bj3xywy