AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Kaiser Account Manager (KAM) manages targeted Kaiser Permanente affiliated accounts through account and sales strategies that may include but are not limited to all of the following:
- Responsible for all AbbVie Products.
- Establish AbbVie products on customer formularies in an advantageous and/or parity position or establish support from customer regional representatives to national formulary committees for national contracts/formulary access by selling product benefits.
- Develop and manage pull through programs and sales for targeted accounts
- Establish and develop high-level business relationships with executive management and key decision-makers of their targeted Kaiser facilities.
- Enhance the image of AbbVie as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost- effective products.
- Effectively builds business partnerships with sales teams and management from all AbbVie Sales Organizations where appropriate if impacted by Kaiser sales.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining effective strategies and tactics to maximize pull-through sales of all AbbVie Products, and establish support from regional representatives to national /regional formulary committees for national contracts/formulary access by selling product benefits at top Kaiser Medical Facilities.
Account Development –
- Maintain profitable contracts by generating the pull through sales
- Increase in sales and or market share of AbbVie key products.
- Enhance or maintain formulary position of AbbVie products based upon positive ROI/Margin;
- Enhance relationships with executive management (measured by ability to forge co-promotional programs implement value-added ideas and design creative approaches to fit customer needs).
Communication – Serve as lead AbbVie contact within account. Advise MA Kaiser Regional Director, and where appropriate Franchise District Managers and Franchise Representatives, of formulary terms to ensure direction, problems, and opportunities are clearly understood and advantages are used to maximize sales, access and share gains.
Strategy – Develop and execute field sales strategy with KAM counterparts. Coordinates pull through activities with franchise counterparts e.g. Lupron team and any field sales forces that are impacted by Kaiser accounts
Resources – Maximize the use of all AbbVie and Corporate resources. Coordinate resource utilization with sales management across all franchises.
- Understand and effectively utilizes the variety of financial and quantitative data.
- Effectively utilize available data and internal analytics to determine profitability, access level and impact on account managers’ total book of business, and AbbVie profitability.
- Develop annual business review and plan to determine key priorities; provide timely and accurate updates on the plan to key internal stakeholders.
Internal Consulting – Conduct regular CBSA/Channel Updates providing key business insights which affect managed care opportunities
Continually observe and assess additional viable business opportunities within geographical area of responsibility
Accountability / Scope:
The accounts that will be assigned to the KAM will be all Kaiser clinics, Hospitals and affiliated Kaiser doctors and facilities in their local geography. Under the direction of the Kaiser Regional Director, the KAM has responsibilities including collaborating with a variety of internal business partners e.g. MA partners within sales, marketing and clinical outcomes as well as all other franchise partners to maximize sales and margin through a variety of account management, contracting, formulary access and pull through strategies. KAMs are responsible for establishing key business relationships internally as well as externally and enhancing the image of AbbVie as a pharmaceutical industry leader in the development and supply of high quality and cost-effective products. Performance will be evaluated based upon the indices which most reflect their business priorities e.g. sales quota, business process goals, and formulary access if appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree and business experience in the healthcare, managed care field and/or federal channels are required. MBA Preferred
Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically,
- Sound all around business skills
- Strong administrative, analytical, and conceptual skills
- Excellent negotiator and problem solver
- Excellent organization skills and leadership skills; ability to lead without direct authority.
- Successful selling experience (min 2-3 years) + managed care &/or federal channel experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A thorough understanding of AbbVie goals and strategies
- Team player and self-starter, with a high energy level and commitment to excellence
- Ability to network effectively with other AbbVie franchises and divisions
The individual must be able to identify, analyze, and translate specific account needs and problems into business opportunities for AbbVie. This will be accomplished by developing creative solutions that meet the needs of both parties. Finally, focus must be to maintain price structure and market share by utilizing all resources available.
- Enhance customer relationships through partnership programs that exhibit a mutual benefit.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?1drb5Z1cGG1Y2%2bUfXJnJIQd