AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Perform Maintenance duties required to support production goals while complying with quality standards and safety requirements. Diagnose production and / or packaging equipment to determine repair needs. Perform repairs in a timely manner and complete all required documentation in accordance with cGMPs and department SOP’s. Maintain equipment functionality through preventative maintenance program.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Assist Allergan in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety training.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of production / packaging equipment to support the on-time delivery to customers, with a minimum amount of downtime.
- Assist with set-up and changeovers of production / packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment and coordinate corrective actions to reduce or eliminate defects, rejects, or equipment downtime.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the repair and maintenance of production and / or packaging equipment.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced mechanics to ensure PM’s, line set-up and changeovers are performed within established requirements.
- At least two (2) years related work experience, preferably in a high-speed production or manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Basic user knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP experience preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks and document activities completely and accurately.
- Ability to think and plan in a logical sequential order.
- Able to work in a controlled environment that includes surgical mask and goggles.
- Ability to comply with gowning validation and subsequent gowning verifications.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12 hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time. Capable of using hands to feel objects, use tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
- Two-year Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Systems, Instrumentation, Electrical Systems, Electronics or similar field with a mechanical/electrical repairs OR;
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with 3 – 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance performing mechanical/electrical repairs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.