AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Associate Director, Global Market Analytics and Business Intelligence (GMABI) is responsible for helping internal partners/stakeholders make informed strategic and operational decisions for the Immunology Commercial Development Group (GCD). She/he will lead Business Intelligence to facilitate and develop actionable recommendations based on market insights that address key business needs and objectives
Key responsibilities include independently leading Business Intelligence planning, implementation, communication of results, and alignment of brand/asset strategies and plans. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of Business Intelligence including initiation of the RFP process, Vendor Selection, Study Design, Contract Execution, Budget Management, and providing direction on the Scope of Services to be provided by such resources.
The Associate Director will independently lead all aspects of project planning, such as coordination, setting time lines, scheduling participant meetings, shaping conclusions and recommendations, presenting interim and final results, and communicating all project progress/initiatives to Brand Teams, Senior Management, and/or Vendors, where appropriate.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the GMABI lead for the commercial development team in Immunology, becoming a trusted partner to Therapeutic Area (TA) and Commercial Development leadership, guiding asset development strategy and advising on key initiatives based on knowledge of the business and market through data and analytics capabilities.
- Enable and demonstrate leadership on the cross-functional business teams, including Program Management and Early Pipeline Teams to make better and more rapid business decisions by framing & prioritizing critical strategic questions.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the Therapeutic Area and Commercial Leads to co-create and execute plans, eliminate redundancies and ensure consistency of our market understanding.
- Ensure all relevant information from other functions (e.g. HEOR, Market Access & Pricing, etc.) is integrated into the research and insights.
- Proactively identify new data sources, methodologies, and analytic opportunities to ensure that GCD decision-making is based on the most current, objective and comprehensive insights.
- Play a key role in the early brand planning process (when needed) based on a deep understanding of the market drivers, patient journey, competition and positioning highlighting opportunities to enhance patient and HCP (Health Care Professional) experience and plans to address leverage points & gaps.
- Lead commercial competitive intelligence to help AbbVie anticipate competitor strategies and achieve market leadership.
- Provide insights to both current dynamics and future market evolution over the next 3-5 years to guide GCD in the development of successful strategies to maximize both the brand and the market.
- Lead and participate in initiatives to improve the GMABI insights and analytics capabilities.
- Ensure all GMABI activities are conducted on time, within budget, and in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA or MA) preferred. Degree concentration in marketing research, marketing or social sciences. Statistical knowledge is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Marketing Analytics and Business Intelligence, including a strong working knowledge of key data sources and analytics approaches to gaining insights in pharmaceuticals or healthcare at the global and country level. Experience developing and executing primary market research plans and global marketing analytics. Experience analyzing and drawing insights from quantitative and secondary data sets
- Global pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience; Immunology and drug device experience is a plus
- Experience working on early stage drug assets a plus
- Possess a strong understanding of global pharmaceutical drug development process
- Excellent strategic thinking and thought leadership with strong story telling capabilities
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving, including developing and testing simple hypotheses using available data including market dynamics (share and total volume) trends in Microsoft Excel
- Experience influencing cross-functional, global and affiliate teams
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to (verbally and in writing) all levels of the organization
- Ability to be agile & nimble to changing business conditions, strong collaboration and teamwork across functional groups to contribute to a productive work culture. Lead strategically and create trust and respect within the department
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?O%2bwhDB%2f2aAbvmJj7EY2S1Qq