AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
As a discipline expert and contact drives functional performance by designing and implementing business technology solutions aimed at enabling and accelerating the delivery of new or improved products. Technical leader acting at group, department, and cross-functional levels. Responsible for managing the Design, Architecture,Data, Solutions, Business, and/or Technology architectures and tying them to the Enterprise Architecture and other architectures. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in their function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a leader in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions.
The Web Architect in the International Commercial BTS is responsible for leading all the technical application architecture and development activities of AbbVie’s International Commercial instance for Web digital channel using following platform Adobe Experience Cloud platform, Salesforce Community Cloud Platform and Other Open Source Web Platforms such as Drupal. This role will be managing a team of architects and developers globally.
S/he will support AbbVie’s platform delivery product engineering teams. The individual will work closely with business and technology leads, including product managers, analysts, architects, project managers, user experience leads as well as external agencies and partners.
The individual will operate as a Web subject matter expert and will be the point person for all technical and functional capabilities across technologies & platforms. S/he will report directly to the Director BTS.
Qualified candidates must have proven experience with the Adobe Experience Manager and Salesforce Community Cloud applications as well as other Open Source Web Technologies.
- Develops and achieves a discipline strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within the function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with the accelerated development of new/improved products or technology.
- Advances technical expertise within the function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assesses current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Ensures the quality and effectiveness of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Sources and identifies emerging scientific and technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Integrates trends into short-term functional objectives – Advances cross-discipline technology and direction through the generation of data.
- Applies imagination and innovation by creating, inventing, and implementing new or better approaches, alternatives, and breakthrough ideas that are valued by customers within the function.
- Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on AEM, content management, marketing automation, analytics & targeting capabilities.
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Web & CMS solution.
- Lead technical design sessions to architect and document technical solutions that are aligned with business objectives.
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of an Web Platforms such as AEM, SF Community Cloud and Other Open Source Web/CMS platforms
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces leveraging the Adobe platform, including AEM/CQ, CRX, DAM, Hybrid Mobile Apps, SFDC Community Cloud, CMS solutions and Opensource platforms.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Provide detailed estimates and lead solution architecture development.
- Collaborate with team members and business stakeholders to promote the re-use of application architecture, templates, and components.
- Establish standards and guidelines for the effective use of the Web & Mobile solutions and their integration with Abbvie and third-party systems.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable AbbVie Policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
- Manage a team of architects, developers in the product engineering team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Science or Technology related field with extensive (typically 16 years) of related work; Master’s Degree or equivalent education in Science/Technology or PharmD or equivalent education with extensive (typically 10-12 years) of related work; Ph.D. in Science/Technology or related field with typically 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Technical background in healthcare, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, or pharmaceutical companies.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with a remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within the function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- You have demonstrated the ability to influence others in areas of science and technology.
- Must have hands-on digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience cloud applications such as AEM, ACM, Analytics and Salesforce Community Cloud
- Must have hands-on experience in a Web / CMS Technologies such as AEM, Salesforce.com platform and CMS/DAM products. Experience in the IT product engineering team.
- More than 10-12 years of architecture/software development experience
- Strong experience in leading, developing and architecting digital experience applications including websites, content management capabilities, web and mobile capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience cloud applications such as AEM, ACM, Analytics, Salesforce Community Cloud and Open Source platforms e.g. Drupal
- Familiar with Open Source Web dev stack.
- Hands-on Full Stack Developer / Architect
- Proven experience in rolling out global Web applications using enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to building trust, listen, and ask effective questions to create a scalable and reusable business solution.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage past technology experience to be successful in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong IT analysis and analytical skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Leading large & global teams of employees & consultants
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?wgEESL%2b1n1uEgvvLl9ToeQj