Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
The role reports to the Legal Counsel and is located in Cary, North Carolina. As a Litigation Paralegal, you will be working with Chief Counsel and Senior Counsel for Litigation, under the direction of the United States Territory General Counsel, to manage and administer effective resolution of legal disputes and lawsuits on behalf of the four ABB Businesses Areas operating in the United States, North American and Central American territory. Assist in the implementation of general litigation strategies, standards and processes to protect the Company against significant risks. Work with Business Area representatives to ensure comprehension and coordination of the litigation strategies, standards and processes.
- Work with Chief Counsel and Senior Counsel for Litigation and external legal counsel in litigation matters pending primarily in the United States but also Canada, Mexico, Central America and Caribbean countries.
- Assist Business Area colleagues, under direction of Chief Counsel and Senior Counsel for Litigation, in cost-effective and timely resolution of business disputes and lawsuits.
- Work with Chief Counsel and Senior Counsel for Litigation to implement and maintain litigation strategy, standards, directives, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with internal and external counsel and electronic discovery vendor to manage, organize and administer complex document productions of Electronically Stored Information and other discovery processes including litigation holds.
- Help develop and implement new processes to aid in management of litigation matters including comprehensive lawsuit schedule/deadline docketing and litigation form and court filing databases.
- Act with a high degree of initiative and independence to identify litigation and claim management and administrative issues and recommend appropriate courses of action to Chief Counsel and Senior Counsel for Litigation.
- Coordinate with Legal colleagues in all Business Areas.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or a degree in paralegal studies.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program is preferred but not required.
- 7 years of commercial litigation paralegal experience in a law firm or in-house setting with some in-house experience preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Significant experience assisting counsel with potential claim and dispute identification and resolution for commercial litigation matters.
- Significant experience in managing, organizing, and administering complex document productions including discovery of Electronically Stored Information, with experience managing collection and organizing exhibits, evidence, briefs and appendices. Ability to work with IT department and/or external eDiscovery vendor to obtain needed ESI and resolve data issues, redact confidential and privileged information, and conduct Quality Control.
- Thorough knowledge of motions, discovery, court rules and procedures (including appellate rules), legal research, etc., and experience with electronic filing including Federal Court systems such as PACER and CM/ECF.
- Sound judgment in implementing and administering legal strategy and solutions.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A results-oriented professional with strong common sense and superior business acumen.
- Understanding of technical concepts and an interest in technology.
- The ability to be recognized as an independent and respected legal team member, and ability to work in a complex, matrix structure where cooperation is often gained through influence rather than through direct command.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a significant workload.
- Strong leadership and independent decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to compile and analyze complex business information and work with counsel to assess risk and provide resolutions or recommendations.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Ability to use creativity and influence to meet and overcome resistance to change.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and analytical skills are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint software and electronic discovery software such as Relativity.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?CVZSAZ%2b0O0c%2fmYIThyhhsgb