Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification Business Area is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
In this role you will be providing legal support to the relevant Divisions with a global scope.
You will be reporting to the Global General Counsel – Electrification.
- Representing Legal and Integrity (L&I) in the Division Management Team of the two Divisions and providing strategic legal direction, legal support and advice to the relevant Divisions’ business and leadership on relevant business opportunities and ongoing matters.
- Participating in the relevant Risk Reviews for the Division, enabling accurate risk assessment and providing clear recommendations and approvals, as required, including in connection with public tenders as well as laws and regulations relating to other public administrative bodies, including with respect to antitrust law.
- Being accountable within L&I for any litigation and M&A activity for the two Divisions, globally, providing legal advice and support as needed on a wide variety of Division-related legal and integrity matters.
- Being responsible for the creation and update of the required contract templates for the Divisions, in close coordination with the other ABB Division Lead Counsels and regional General Counsels, to ensure risk mitigation, consistency and sound legal and commercial judgement.
- Providing strategic direction and legal advice on strategic alliances, selection of business partners, joint ventures and other organic and inorganic growth and commercialization opportunities.
- Supporting the structuring, negotiating, reviewing and drafting international and domestic transactions, including complex sales and distribution agreements, sourcing, share purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements, technology transfer and other license agreements, services, consortium, teaming, sub-contracting arrangements or other commercial agreements.
- Participating in the formulation, interpretation and implementation of ABB policies for ensuring consistency and compliance with contractual obligations, corporate standards and applicable laws.
- Act as key account lawyer where required, for one or more designated key customer accounts, driving improvement or development of the commercial, operational and other legal processes, due diligence and legal productivity, simplicity and standardization.
- Keeping abreast of legal developments, in particular commercial, regulatory and integrity risks that arise in respect of the relevant Divisions, working in close coordination with the other Division Lead Counsels and regional General Counsels for Electrification and under the leadership of the Global General Counsel for the Electrification.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Legal degree from accredited law school with a demonstrable superior academic record and law firm training.
- Admission to a US state bar. Significant legal post-qualification experience or equivalent in an internationally recognized law firm or multinational company.
- Substantial “hands-on” experience in drafting international commercial agreements (including distributor and JV and consortium agreement) and complex transaction agreements.
- Substantial “hands-on” experience in drafting and negotiating complex distribution agreements.
- Substantial experience and success in working and negotiating with international parties.
- Demonstrable regulatory or administrative law experience, preferably antitrust, as well as well as government contracting and public procurement, and experience dealing with both common law and civil law issues.
- Experience in managing litigation, arbitration and mediation.
- Experience in cross border M&A transactions.
- English mother-tongue and preferably one additional language, including ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in English and other language(s).
- Strong command of international commercial and corporation law, including working knowledge of the key international conventions.
- Relevant work permit.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KsyRQGaw%2bPHfamJdZ0PnKgj