Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the Manager of Sales 3. As a Oil & Gas Automation, Business Development Manager, you will be responsible to Presenting, Planning, Implementing and helping to manage the Business Development of ABB Upstream Oil & Gas Automation solutions across the US. The ideal candidate will be technically sound, well-spoken and driven to succeed in meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs and winning automation business for ABB.
- Responsibility – To identify potential projects and present ABB Automation solutions that are fit-for-purpose for our Upstream Oil & Gas customers. Once a project is received the candidate will design a solution involving as much ABB content as possible and begin to implement the solution for the customer.
- Goal- Install the best solutions for our customers that meets and exceeds their expectations. The Business Development Manager is a front line contributor, offering and executing ABB solutions. Candidate must be technical, well-spoken and driven to succeed.
- Market analysis – Monitor market trends and recommend adjustments for the strategy and plans accordingly to meet changing market and competitive landscapes. Provides appropriate market information for long- to mid-term decision making.
- Marketing – Communicates the end user value proposition for Automation (internally and externally). Supports local Sales organization to have an effective perception in Automation. Creates and implements the communication, promotion and training activities in the segment.
- Targets – Responsible for achieving key targets (e.g. volume, price, and mix) for Automation in the United States. Creates detailed business plans, implements with regular follow-up.
- Account management – Ensures the major Automation accounts in the United States are identified and prioritized. May act as Account Manager for Automation accounts in conjunction with the local Account Manager and possibly for accounts across the country and around the world.
- Customer relationship – Builds and maintains strong relationships with the key Automation customers in the United States. Follows up ABB’s performance in fulfilling their needs and communicates deficiencies and/or opportunities to the respective Business Units/Product Groups.
- Contracts and negotiations – Works closely with the relevant Sales organization to help in the identification and capture of future business. Drives the capture of end user/third party agreements. Helps negotiate complex legal and commercial frame agreements.
- Risk – Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements and prices across segments.
- Reporting – Reports by segment to accurately measure progress and uses common tools to identify future opportunities.
- Associates Degree in technology with combined 5 years of experience in instrumentation as either a customer, selling, technician or project manager.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Good time/activity and priority management skills.
- Strong willingness to learn and passion for success.
- Solid understanding of RTU’s/PLC’s/Flow Computers and associated instrumentation including but not limited to pressure/temperature transmitters, level measurement, flow metering (liquids and gas). TS are also well optimization and SCADA.
- Leverage any existing relationships in the industry to bring new selling opportunities to ABB.
- Ability to design solutions particular to the customer’s needs while driving ABB products into the solution.
- Competitor knowledge; Passion for winning.
- Resilience to overcome challenges.
- Obsessive focus on end users, their wants and needs, their goals and objectives, how they buy, how they maintain their equipment, how they partner with suppliers.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels in ABB, our channel partners and our end users (from field personnel to corner office).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?cv44x0PdnXeSdpEcj5SV9wu