Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Service Operations Director- Industrial Automation Energy Industries (IAEN). As a Manager – Regional Technical Advisor (RTA), you will be responsible for supporting the service functions in Energy Industries (EN) and aiding Process Industries (PI) on DCS related concerns. The RTA Manager is expected to develop and maintain a team of technical consultants with expert level of knowledge in ABB Products and Services. As the RTA Manager, you will be expected to supervise the team of eight RTAs across the USA. As appropriate, be the gate keeper to insure proper utilization of RTA personnel. Recruit, train, and mentor service resources (RTA, Field Service Engineer, Tech Support and Project Personnel) as needed to meet the ever-increasing demand of the customer base in balance with the product offerings (new and legacy product) for the highest level of service for IAEN customers.
In addition, the RTA Manager collaborates with other Service Managers throughout ABB. Support ABB University efforts to transfer knowledge within ABB Service community and occasionally have RTA’s instruct courses for ABB University. Support the IAEN/IAPI Solutions/Project teams in various stages of project development, test and commissioning, and provide Sales support. Support Regional Service Manager in providing support to customers and aiding in conflict resolution. Support Service Coordination with allocating correct resources to various requests across the USA and internationally. The RTA Manager directs and guides the team members to provide support on Process Automation Open Control Systems as assigned through service coordination team. The RTA Manager collaborates with R&Ds, L2-L3 Tech Support & Field Service engineers to install, modify, test and repair Company products and equipment. The RTA Manager will evaluate and improve service delivery using new tools and guiding enhancement to existing tools. The RTA Manager ensures team participation in periodic training programs to ensure competence on assigned products and systems.
- Utilize skills to respond, report, resolve and provide front-line advice service to ABB personnel on software and hardware related problems.
- Assist on developing courseware for ABB University.
- Conduct webinars on various technical topics.
- Ability to adapt to dealing with several different multidimensional customers simultaneously.
- Performs special project duties as assigned (strategic opportunities, emergency and afterhours site issues, etc.).
- Collaborate with resources to resolve complex technical and logistical problems while promoting and maintaining good customer relations and protecting the company’s interest.
- Manage capital equipment and test equipment within Life Cycle Services (LCS) Field Service.
- Transact Manager responsibility of eight experienced technical professionals (Time, Expenses and Evaluations).
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, engineering or technical degree from an accredited university with minimum 5 years of experience. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with Computer Server/Client, Networking setup and domains, plus Virtual Machine use, MS Windows Client and Server Operating Systems, Office365, Outlook, SharePoint, Azure cloud and internet browsers.
- Experience with ABB 800xA, AC800M (Control Builder), Infi90, Symphony, Symphony Plus with a high level of proficiency (Expert Level) within one of the aforementioned products.
- Fluent understanding of Industrial Process Control Principles and Human-Machine interface.
- Troubleshooting skills and Root cause analysis methodology essential.
- General product knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control System (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Process Instrumentation, Microsoft Networking, Network & Field Communications protocols.
- Basic Industry knowledge of Power Generation & Transmission, Pulp & Paper, Metals & Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities & Water.
- Background in quality customer experience including customer complaints, net promotor survey programs, employee and customer survey programs, utilizing such quality programs as Lean, Six Sigma, 4Q, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Define – Measure – Analyze – Implement – Control (DMAIC) methods.
- Familiarity with Business ERP (SAP preferred) and Service CRM (salesforce dot com. is preferred).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?cv44x0PdnXfMYykigDbeuQu