Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. .
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
The role reports to the US Country Holding Officer and is located in Cary, North Carolina. The location of this position may be flexible as well. As a Internal Controls and Audit Specialist, you will be assisting with the assessment of financial reporting risks and the design, implementation and maintenance of a high-quality system of internal controls over financial reporting. The position will be an integral component of the finance department report directly to the ABB USA Chief Financial Officer. We are looking for a professional with qualities of independence, leadership, and the attention to detail necessary to ensure timely and accurate performance of roles and responsibilities. The successful applicant will have a broad knowledge of internal control environments and will have prior experience interfacing with audit functions.
- Assist in projects relating to end-to-end business process improvements and internal control environments.
- Aid in the design, implementation and maintenance of a system of internal control in line with Company standards.
- Work directly with business partners and leaders to adhere to and support risk control and standardization initiative.
- Analyze monitor, and guide management in the timely and sustainable remediation of deficiencies.
- Support internal and external audit activities related to the testing of controls and coordinate timely provision of documentation items and remediation of issues.
- Advocate, educate, and train personnel on issues concerning assurance and internal controls.
- Participate within a cross-functional team to coordinate a response and implement corrective measures for control deficiencies that are identified by audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 4 years in experience in general accounting or audit.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Licensed CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems (familiarity with SAP / Oracle is a plus).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYJBB1oozinDXwl