Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions – enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
This role reports to the District Sales Manager. As a Business Development Specialist, you will be responsible for stimulating Business Division sales by providing technical support of products and services directly by Influencing End Users of ABB Products and Solutions and supporting application of ABB Products and Solutions and collaborating with ABB Field Sales, Channel Partners and customers.
Business Development consists of providing technical support, developing solutions to technical application problems, educating customers, sales and Channel Partners along with collaboration with the field sales team to work with Product Management and Marketing to be knowledgeable of standards, codes and applications of ABB products and solutions.
Work independently to represent the Company technically in negotiating agreements, logistics and business issues while promoting and maintaining good customer relations and protecting the Company’s interests.
Responsible for providing pre and when needed post technical support influencing regional sales activities that includes the utility sales force, the commercial and industrial sales force, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) sales force, Sales Reps and Distributors. As subject matter expert on all ABB EL Product offerings.
- Perform and support engineering activities and related analyses associated with major project electrical designs, provide technical application advice to customers and less experienced field application engineers and establish schedules and coordinate technical support activities.
- Represent the Company in conferences with customers, consulting engineers, contractors and vendors. Provide application, technical and business advice involving projects and electrical system design ideas for consideration.
- Develop customer contacts and in conjunction with other support groups, establish strategies for obtaining new business and assisting sales to meet financial objectives, Provide advance information on potential business opportunities and related business development efforts.
- Provide customer technical support for EL (Electrification) products and systems application, utilization, technical support for customers, consulting engineers, channels, product managers, product marketing managers and manufacturing plant application engineers.
- Conduct customer training seminars to help customer personnel in the application and the operation of the EL products and services.
- Assist customers with technical applications to influence specifications, enhance ABB sales results, and enhance customer goodwill.
- Attendance of trade shows, seminars and conferences as necessary for the achievement of core objectives.
- Assist Product Management and Marketing Specialist (PMS) to meet division financial objectives in conjunction with Field Sales organization.
- Provide and coordinate technical support on new products to include publications and training aides and interact with utility, industrial, consulting engineers.
- Develop papers for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and other industry events to raise awareness of ABB and the FAE team in these critical groups and or technical conferences.
- Coordination with sales organization and division technical support in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Maintain competitive base of knowledge and serve as Business Unit experts with respect to competitor’s products.
- Participate in the specification of new products in conjunction with internal ABB product management by the application of firsthand knowledge of competitive products and customer preferences.
- Travel to customers or provide virtual meetings to provide technical support between 40 – 50% of one’s time in order to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for presenting product features and advantages on all EL products and applications.
- Work with product management and product marketing on product enhancement requirements from customer to ensure customer desired product features are included on future product releases.
- Work with Research and Development (R&D) to provide input on product quality design issues and provide power system engineering, protection, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Consult with other engineering groups to ensure that specified engineering criteria are suitable for the proposed application and recommend revisions as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct or coordinate straight-forward engineering analysis and prepare related reports and summaries, for review.
- Ability to learn all ABB products, solutions and capabilities and apply those technical skills in our customer base for the benefit of growth with ABB’s EL division.
- The establishment of a working relationship with existing local ABB sale force and customer base.
- Possess high level technical power systems design skills while having ability to communicate with customer base and Front-End Sales effectively in a challenging technical project.
- Acquiring local market knowledge on customer base, channel issues, market gaps and market opportunities, effectively communicating needs to Sr. Management.
- Ability for time management since many groups looking for internal and external technical support.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with minimum 10 years’ experience or Masters’ Degree with minimum 5 years’ experience in the power industry.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- English Fluent Speaking and writing.
- For more highly complex technical problems, must be able to marshal necessary engineering assistance and coordinate / guide efforts toward resolution.
- Must exercise considerable creativity in developing and implementing approaches tailored to individual customers, based on knowledge of customer personnel, preferences and requirements.
- Must be able to analyze market / competitive trends and recommend action plans leading to new products and marketing approaches.
- Experience in a global and diverse environment interfacing with many cultures and languages.
- Proficient use of MS Word, PPT, Excel, Visio software, Power System Design software such as Electromagnetic Transients Program (EMTP-RV), Electrical Transient Analyzer Program (ETAP), SKM (similar software program) etc.
- Ability to create and present power point presentations to a variety of audiences including customers, training groups, seminars and senior managers a must.
- Must be a good communicator, problem solver oriented, Think outside the Box, hands-on / Task Driven, team player, able to talk to customers in a large audience setting and customer focus oriented where not afraid to talk over the phone or to present on screen.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1- or by sending an email to . Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?wpK4VGMlkQus4x0ldQ2vpws