4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT) is a gene therapy company with a transformative discovery platform- Therapeutic Vector Evolution -that enables our “disease first” approach to product discovery and development, thereby allowing us to customize our AAV vectors to target specific tissue types associated with the underlying disease.
4DMT is focused on attracting and retaining the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers uniquely generous benefits, and provides challenging opportunities for career development. Join us in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure genetic diseases in children and adults. 4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA.
4DMT is looking for an organized company builder . 4DMT is a fast-growing platform biotechnology company. Our promising technology platform seeks to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients in a broad range of disease indications and therapeutic areas. Given the extensive potential of our platform, 4DMT may seek partnerships with large pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions and key biotech companies from time to time. Moreover, throughout our history as a company, we have received constant inbound interest from potential external partners. Our BD and Strategy team seeks support in organizing our BD efforts and managing relationships and interactions with prospective partners. In providing this support, the Mgr./Sr. Mgr. of BD and Strategy will manage associated workstreams and research relevant companies/technologies in the field.
The inherent complexities in gene therapy (and in the bio-pharma industry in general) mean that smart partnerships are needed to maximize the value created by our company for various stakeholders, including the potential benefit our platform technology may bring to countless patients and their families. In supporting this work, the Mgr./Sr. Mgr. of BD and Strategy will contribute to key corporate initiatives including the development and execution of the company portfolio and pipeline.
As part of portfolio and pipeline planning and execution, workstreams managed by the Mgr./Sr. Mgr. of BD and Strategy may include various contributions to our robust competitive intelligence effort.
Support for critical decision-making and partnership processes. We seek an organized and dynamic project manager to support communication and process around potential in-licensing and out-licensing activities, due diligence, opportunity discovery etc. The successful candidate will gather information, generate BD-relevant analyses, support due diligence efforts, maintain trackers and help manage calendars, etc.
- Key tasks include (but are not limited to):
- In the current COVID-19-affected business environment, travel is suspended. It is expected that at some point in the future, travel will be required. At that time, travel could be up to 25%.
- Process Management: 50% of TIME
- Supporting in-bound due diligence efforts, including analysis of prospective partner data, presentations, contracts, IP and other information
- Supporting out-bound due diligence efforts including maintenance of data rooms and their content (for both BD and strategic finance initiatives)
- Generating and maintaining 4DMT business development presentations.
- Interacting with peers across business functions at the company to gather and analyze data and other information relevant to our business development activities
- Tracking BD interactions and developments, managing calendars and correspondence
- Business Analysis: 25% of TIME
- Researching industry landscape, potential partners, relevant technologies, historical/comparable terms & transactions
- Generating BD-relevant reports, analyses and dashboards
- Maintaining 4DMT’s business development databases and analyses
- General Support for Corporate Development & Strategy Group: 25% of TIME
- Managing and organizing 4DMT company information flow to the Corporate Strategy and Development group.
- Supporting BD/AM interface and occasionally supporting Alliance Management and e (AM group also part of CS&D department)
- Managing and maintaining group resources including trackers, calendars, purchase orders etc.
- Responding to ad hoc needs
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in a relevant “hard science” field such as biology or chemistry, is required.
- The successful candidate is expected to have demonstrated additional competencies which may be earned through on-the-job experiences. However, favorable additional educational experiences include:
- An undergraduate major or minor in economics or finance
- MBA with a focus on finance or technology strategy
- PhD in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of business/competitive analysis and/or market research experience in either the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, life science investment banking or equity research, life science strategy consulting or similar field.
- Strong background in project or program management
- Experience with financial analysis, forecasting, market segmentation and competitive tools
- Experience building credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of biotechnology business models and pharmaceutical commercialization practices
- High energy, proactive attitude and flexibility to changing work priorities
- Ability to prioritize work streams in a dynamic work environment
- Strong economic, strategic and logical thinking
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage dynamic and complex processes
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.) and syndicate data providers
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?RGmwf82kk8PcAyhGeL%2f0ggb