JOB DESCRIPTION: ONSITE ONLY
84 Months experience supporting server upgrades (Windows 2012 and 2016 Operating System and hardware) that include installing Operating System, configuration and troubleshooting. Installing Virtual Machine, configuration and troubleshooting.
84 Months experience in Red hat Linux configuration, installation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, and performing maintenance.
36 Months experience of Level I, II, and III Server Hardware troubleshooting
36 Months experience of Level I, II, and III network support with LAN troubleshooting
84 Months experience of TCP/IP server/client communication, DHCP, DNS, WINS.
36 Months experience utilizing system management software tools to monitor, manage and report system performance, availability, and use; and to coordinate computer network access and use.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (CERTIFICATION)
Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s degree in computer science/ telecommunications from an accredited college. (COPY TO BE SUBMITTED)
ROLES & DUTIES:
- Provide support for the Classroom Connectivity Tech Refresh Project for the Schools Server Integration in all five boroughs.
- Responsible for configuring two Windows 2012 R2, 2016 Core physical servers and five virtual Servers (3 Windows VMs and 2 Linux VMs) per site. These servers provide infrastructure for Server Operations, NOC, SCCM, EMS and Security teams.
- To configure the Remote Access Card in both servers, configure Active Directory, and DNS resource records validation.
- Troubleshoot and provide support for DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, SNMP, TCP/IP, and WINS.
- Working with Windows Server configuration and management & PowerShell scripting.
- Troubleshoot Hardware and Software problems during the server integration.
- Documentation of all work effort to support server integration for sites.
- Provides hardware assistance and performs testing on Servers.
- Interact with DOE end-users and vendors to resolve logistic issues with equipment.
- Provide assistance with servers, LAN and network integration.
- Provides end-user support to different vendors by phone or on-site.
- Respond to support issues for the integration when needed.
- Certification: Server + / MCSE / RedHat Linux
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Qw84Iwizjj9vmSR6sFzOPgm